Header Ads

Joel Matip not considering Anfield exit

Joel Matip is not considering exiting Anfield at this current moment despite hardly playing this season.

The centre-back has only started three times this season for Liverpool, as Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Dejan Lovren have overtaken him.

Despite this being the case, the Cameroon international is staying positive and fighting for his place in Jurgen Klopp’s plans.

“I only concentrate now on the season on Liverpool and there’s nothing else in my mind. Everything else would only distract me,” Matip told Standard Sport.

READ: Jan Molby believes Merseyside derby comes at the perfect time for Liverpool 

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND – SEPTEMBER 22: Joel Matip of Liverpool celebrates after scoring his team’s second goal during the Premier League match between Liverpool FC and Southampton FC at Anfield on September 22, 2018 in Liverpool, United Kingdom. (Photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images)

READ: Virgil van Dijk believes Liverpool can learn something from PSG antics 

“I’ve got to wait for my opportunity, I have to work hard – this is the life of a player.

“I try to be in the best form I can be and to be ready if I had to be.”

Matip signed for Liverpool on a free transfer from Schalke in 2016 and currently has a year to run at the conclusion of the current season on his contract.

The post Joel Matip not considering Anfield exit appeared first on AnfieldHQ.



Source: anfieldhq.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.