Header Ads

Official: Lucy Parry Signs New Contract With Liverpool Women

Everton FC v Liverpool FC - Barclays Women´s Super League
Photo by Nick Taylor/Liverpool FC/Liverpool FC via Getty Images

The lifelong Liverpool supporter will continue her successful run with the Reds.

Lifelong Liverpool supporter Lucy Parry has signed a new contract with the Reds. Parry joined the club when she was just seven-years-old. In 2020, she became the youngest Liverpool player to appear for the senior side back when she debuted at the age of 16 years and 150 days.

She’s come up through the ranks in the academy. After signing her first professional contract in 2022, she went to Scotland for a season-long loan to play for Hibernian Women. Last year, she got her big breakthrough in the Liverpool first team, impressing them enough to offer her a new contract.

The defender will also be trading in her number 32 shirt for the number 2, now vacant since Emma Koivisto left earlier this summer.

“I’m just really excited to keep pushing. This is where I want to be and I’m happy, so I think this is the best place for me to do it,” Parry said.

“I’ve been here since I was seven, a shy little girl just wanting to express myself through football. I’ve been a Liverpool fan my whole life, growing up and watching my idols play. I had a season ticket, I remember watching the women’s team play at Widnes and my family are all Reds.”

Parry made 16 appearances last season during the Reds successful WSL campaign, where they exceeded expectations and came in fourth place in only their second season post-promotion. It seems like manager Matt Beard will be putting more responsibility on the 20-year-old this coming season.



Source: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.