Header Ads

Henderson relishing PSG test in ‘electric’ Anfield atmosphere

Jordan Henderson is relishing another ‘special European night’ at Anfield as Liverpool host PSG in their first Champions League group game.

The Reds made it all the way to the final last season after emphatic and memorable victories against Manchester City and Roma on home turf.

And while club captain Henderson knows that a huge test awaits against a top European outfit, he is confident the notoriously raucous atmosphere will play a part again.

“They are a very, very good side with many good players, many top players,” he told the press. “So it’s a tough test for us, of course, but a challenge we look forward to and we’re ready for.

“The atmosphere at Anfield is a plus for us – I’m sure it will be electric. It’s a special European night again. The players are looking forward to it and it’s a brilliant game to start the campaign off.”

READ: Salah hails ‘solidarity’ among Reds front three

Liverpool beat Manchester City 3-0 in last season’s quarterfinal first leg.

READ: Klopp will make decision on Firmino’s involvement tomorrow

After starting against Leicester before the international break, Henderson was replaced by Naby Keita for Saturday’s win at Wembley.

Georginio Wijnaldum, occupying the no.6 role in which Henderson is often deployed, put in an excellent performance to strengthen his chances of retaining the spot.

Henderson understands that he may have to be patient, and watch from the sidelines, as he looks to return to his peak.

“I had minutes coming on, played the Leicester game and played for England – so I feel I’m building up back to my normal self,” he said.

“I’m trying to get that sharpness and rhythm back really. I suppose that only comes with playing games so I’m looking forward to playing.”

The post Henderson relishing PSG test in ‘electric’ Anfield atmosphere appeared first on AnfieldHQ.



Source: anfieldhq.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.