Header Ads

Klopp: we will “try everything” against Man City tonight

Jurgen Klopp has revealed that there is no magic formula for beating Pep Guardiola, insisting that his side will just aim to try their best against Manchester City at the Etihad tonight.

Klopp has an exemplary record against Guardiola, winning three and drawing one against the Blues in 2018 – the Liverpool manager remains the most successful manager in direct opposition to Guardiola.

However, the Reds boss still believes that tonight’s clash with City will be “so difficult”, no matter what has transpired in previous meetings.

READ: Dejan Lovren believes tonight’s Man City result “will change nothing”

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND – Saturday, December 31, 2016: Liverpool’s manager Jürgen Klopp and Manchester City’s manager Pep Guardiola during the FA Premier League match at Anfield. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

READ: Phil Thompson: Silva and Fernandinho vital to City

“It’s not that I feel like I understand 100 per cent what he’s doing,” Klopp said, according to LiverpoolFC.com.

“In the second leg of the Champions League [quarter-final last season] we had luck. I thought actually the game we played in the league [at the Etihad] was better but we lost it 5-0; it was a different situation because of the red card but we were really good in the game and were level.

“We like to defend these highest-quality teams – but it’s so difficult, to be honest, it’s just not easy.

“I was always blessed with really good football teams but, at the end, even if we won against Pep in a season, he was kind of 20 points ahead without the points from us. That’s not nice.

“I don’t feel I have the clue for Pep’s football, not a little bit. The only thing I can say is we will again try everything.

“We have to be brave, play football ourselves – which is a real challenge against them because they defend well and their counter-pressing is good – and they play different systems in one game, so we’ll have to adapt to that as well. It’s a big game.”

The post Klopp: we will “try everything” against Man City tonight appeared first on AnfieldHQ.



Source: anfieldhq.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.