Header Ads

Carragher identifies one selection headache for Klopp ahead of final

Jamie Carragher expects the Liverpool side to pick itself for Saturday’s Champions League final against Tottenham in Madrid.

However, the former Reds star believes Jurgen Klopp will have one major decision to make – who starts in midfield.

And Carragher thinks one man has done enough in recent weeks to make himself undroppable.

READ: Reds face competition for Lyon forward Bertrand Traore

READ: Reds identify veteran goalkeeper to replace Mignolet

“I think he’s only got one [selection headache],” Carragher said of Klopp, as quoted by the Express.

“I think James Milner misses out, unfortunately. I love him, he’s been a brilliant signing since he came, plays in different positions at different times, does a brilliant job in midfield as well.

“I just think the fact with Wijnaldum, the whole season, would probably edge being our best midfielder.

“I don’t think he’s been brilliant all season, he’s had ups and downs in the second half of the season when he’s looked a little bit tired but coming on against Barcelona, scoring two goals, more often than not he’s been the first-choice midfield player.

“Henderson’s been out at different times, Fabinho had a tough first half of the season. I think it will be Henderson to the right, Fabinho and Wijnaldum.”

Carragher added: “It’d have been very interesting if [Naby] Keita had have been fit. Very interesting.

“I’m not saying the manager hasn’t got a big decision but for me I’m pretty confident that will be the team.

“I think if Keita was in there, he would have had a big decision to make.

“One hundred per-cent he [Milner] will play some part in the final, there’s no doubt for me about that.

“He’ll come on whether we need to hang on to something or whether we still need a goal.

“Yes we’ve got the attacking players but you bring him on for his energy, his experience, he can take a penalty. He’ll still play a major part.”

The post Carragher identifies one selection headache for Klopp ahead of final appeared first on AnfieldHQ.



Source: anfieldhq.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.