Header Ads

Henderson reveals why he refused to swap shirts with Messi

Jordan Henderson has cited Roy Keane’s influence as a factor in why he chose not to swap shirts with Lionel Messi, according to the Mirror.

The Reds came back emphatically against Barcelona in the Champions League semi-final second leg, with the Liverpool captain playing a part in the opening goal.

But the skipper refused to ask Messi for his shirt after the game, recalling advice he received from Keane at Sunderland.

READ: Wijnaldum calling for focus ahead of Champions League final

READ: Matip ready to repay Klopp’s faith on Saturday

“Did I think about asking for his shirt? No. I’ve never done it,” Henderson said.

“Roy Keane told me when I was at Sunderland that if you ask for someone’s shirt, it looks like you are in awe of them.”

He added: “As it turned out, I came home with Luis Suarez’s shirt.

“Luis is a good lad and he gave me it as a gesture as we had played together for Liverpool.

“I don’t know what he’s done with mine.”

The post Henderson reveals why he refused to swap shirts with Messi appeared first on AnfieldHQ.



Source: anfieldhq.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.