Header Ads

Salah ready to “right what happened last season” on Saturday

Mohamed Salah is preparing to set a few things right when Liverpool take on Tottenham in the Champions League final on Saturday.

The Egyptian was forced off the field through injury 30 minutes into last season’s final against Real Madrid, which the La Liga side went on to win.

But Salah, who shared this season’s Golden Boot with teammate Sadio Mane, is ready to make up for last year’s disappointment.

READ: Jurgen Klopp on Juventus speculation: “I’m not going to leave Liverpool”

READ: Harry Wilson chooses to leave Liverpool this summer

“I am so happy that I have the chance to play another final,” Salah said, as quoted by the Evening Standard. “I hope I can play the full game this time. I am very excited for that.

“I hope we can right what happened last season, get a good result, and win the competition.

“We are very excited. Of course this is our second final in a row, we lost the first but everything feels better this time around and we have more experience than the last time.

“We are all looking forward and we had a good preparation period in Spain. We are back in Liverpool, and we are feeling very motivated as players and coaching staff. I hope we can win it this time.”

On Liverpool being the favourites this time round, he added: “I don’t think it will change much. All we have to do is stay focused on the game to win. Who’s favourite and who isn’t will not change what you have to do on the pitch.

“It could give us a bit of a boost, but it won’t be the main reason why a side wins a game.

“I think it will be tough. But at the end of the day, this is a final and no opponent would have been easy.

“It is harder because it is an English side, but anyway we needed to win whether it was against Ajax or Spurs. And that is the most important thing we want to do.”

And on Firmino’s availability, Salah concluded: “He is very important for us and helps us so much in all our games.

“I’m so glad that he’s back, especially for him personally. I hope he can help us again to achieve something good.”

The post Salah ready to “right what happened last season” on Saturday appeared first on AnfieldHQ.



Source: anfieldhq.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.