£55million goalkeeping target responds to Liverpool links
Jasper Cillessen, a reported goalkeeping target for Liverpool, has responded to speculation linking him with a move away from Barcelona, according to the Echo.
The Reds are actively searching for a replacement for the outgoing Simon Mignolet, with Loris Karius set to remain in Turkey for another season.
And 30-year-old Cillessen is one of several candidates to serve as deputy to Alisson Becker next season.
READ: Mikel Arteta reveals why Anfield is the only stadium he fears visiting
READ: Italian interest in Liverpool defender could force transfer window rethink
“For the moment I don’t know what will happen, after this [Nations League] I will go on holiday with friends and we’ll see,” Cillessen said. “My agent takes care of it.
“I have to take a decision with my agent. But first, I want to have a rest.
”In general, it’s been a difficult season with little game-time, various injuries and lots of trips.
“And I’ve lost two finals. I want to forget this year as quickly as possible.
He added: “The fact Barca are asking for £55million doesn’t help. I’m still relaxed about it. We just need to wait and see.
“I’ll consider my options after my summer holiday. But I’m looking for a club in one of the top five leagues in Europe.”
The post £55million goalkeeping target responds to Liverpool links appeared first on AnfieldHQ.
Source: anfieldhq.com

Post a Comment