Header Ads

Klopp Laughs Off ‘Spat’ With Roy Keane

Liverpool v Arsenal - Premier League Photo by Laurence Griffiths/Getty Images

Klopp took exception with Keane’s description of the Reds’ game against Arsenal.

Liverpool fans won twice on Monday: once when the Reds beat Arsenal to conclude a perfect September, and then again post-match when Klopp casually issued a smackdown to pundit and former Manchester United captain Roy Keane.

The clip of Klopp appearing on the large screen in the studio and wasting no time calling out Keane’s previous statement immediately appeared online. Of course, because of this, reports began to over-exaggerate the seriousness of what went down.

When asked about the moment later, Klopp waved away the spat.

“I was not harsh (on Keane). I came to the mic and I couldn’t see them talking, I only heard them through a speaker,” Klopp explained.

“I heard ‘sloppy’ something and at that moment I misunderstood it properly. So no problem. I just asked, ‘did he say…?’, and obviously he didn’t say it. So it’s all fine. I said I would have seen a different game (if Keane had said Liverpool were sloppy).”

Nah, boss, don’t back down! That was the most fun we’ve had with a post-match show since Jamie Carragher and Thierry Henry’s famous leg grab when Brendan Rodgers was sacked.



Source: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.