Lovren ‘dismisses all accusations’ after perjury charge
Dejan Lovren has taken to social media to strongly deny any wrongdoing after he was charged with perjury in his native Croatia.
Lovren is facing a trial, along with compatriot Luka Modric, for allegedly issuing a false testimony.
The charge stems from a dispute about the payment of the transfer fee when the defender left Dinamo Zagreb to join Lyon back in 2010.
In a lengthy message posted on his Instagram account, Lovren revealed that he heard news of the charge in the press before he was informed by his lawyers.
“After coming from afternoon training, I learned that the media in Croatia and then in England reported the news that an indictment was filed against me for giving a false statement in one case in Croatia,” he wrote.
READ: Ox: ‘Little wins’ crucial in recovery
MOSCOW, RUSSIA – JULY 11: Dejan Lovren of Croatia celebrates following his sides victory in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Semi Final match between England and Croatia at Luzhniki Stadium on July 11, 2018 in Moscow, Russia. (Photo by Dan Mullan/Getty Images)
READ: Work on Liverpool’s new training complex begins
“My family, friends and acquaintances told me the same thing. So before I saw or received the indictment at all, and before my attorneys received it, all the media reported the news.
“This is simply not fair, not just, not sporting. In this way, acting on me and my family is extremely discriminatory and unfair. A fight that is not fair and I’m not used to.”
Lovren also stressed his innocence and slammed what he called efforts to tarnish his reputation.
“I want to say this to all, especially to my family, friends, supporters in my homeland, my club and my club’s fans in England, [I am] innocent. I did not commit any criminal offence. I am proud of my life, every step of my life, everything that my family and I have created.
“With indignation I dismiss all accusations, and to anyone who wants to ruin my reputation and the reputation of my family, I say it will not succeed.”
The post Lovren ‘dismisses all accusations’ after perjury charge appeared first on AnfieldHQ.
Source: anfieldhq.com
Post a Comment