Ox: ‘Little wins’ crucial in recovery
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain says small victories are crucial as he looks to sustain his motivation during the rehabilitation process following his serious knee injury.
The club revealed in the summer that any minutes for Oxlade-Chamberlain this season would be considered a ‘bonus’ after he suffered multiple knee ligament damage in last season’s Champions League semifinal against Roma.
It was a hammer blow for the England international, who was set to play a key role at the World Cup after an impressive debut season at Anfield.
However, while he admits watching from the sidelines can be boring at times, he insists that he is feeling optimistic.
“It’s going well – very boring, very slow, very long, all the good stuff! But I’m making progress, which is obviously what we need. It’s just a long process and I just keep plugging away, but I’m in good spirits and I’m really positive about it,” he told LFCTV.
READ: Work on Liverpool’s new training complex begins
LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND – Sunday, January 14, 2018: Liverpool’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain during the FA Premier League match between Liverpool and Manchester City at Anfield. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)
READ: Milner banned from wearing red as a boy
“You just get into a routine [with] tunnel vision and keep going, setting yourself little goals and little things to achieve.”
Oxlade-Chamberlain also revealed that he recently reached a significant milestone, giving him a needed boost.
“I passed the ball the other day, not very well, but I started passing the ball and that was massive for me to be able to kick and know that my knee can kick a ball.
“Even though it was five yards, I’ve started working on stuff like that and it’s little wins like that that keep you going and keep you pushing forward to the next one.”
The post Ox: ‘Little wins’ crucial in recovery appeared first on AnfieldHQ.
Source: anfieldhq.com
Post a Comment