Naby Keita believes Jurgen Klopp is “really special” to work with
Naby Keita has revealed that Jurgen Klopp is “really special” to work with due to his attention to detail.
Keita joined Liverpool from RB Leipzig in the summer and started the season well before injuries hampered his progress.
The Guinean international is currently out with a hamstring injury, but has spoken about what it’s like to work with Klopp as he works his way back to fitness.
READ: Aldridge believes Xherdan Shaqiri can be a “massive” player this season
LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND – AUGUST 12: Naby Keita of Liverpool runs with the ball during the Premier League match between Liverpool FC and West Ham United at Anfield on August 12, 2018 in Liverpool, United Kingdom. (Photo by Laurence Griffiths/Getty Images)
READ: Liverpool on alert after Ousmane Dembele told he can leave Barcelona
“It is really special to have him as a coach,” Keita said, as quoted on LiverpoolFC.com.
“He is open, you can talk to him and he’s not there for just one player, he’s there for all of us. He is not focusing on one or another player; he is focusing on all of us. He cares and he looks after all of us. It’s a real pleasure to play for him.”
“I’m really happy to be able to play with them,” Keita said of his teammates.
“I’m learning from their experience. I’m training with them and trying to get better; I watch them and the coach of course says, ‘You need to do this, you need to do this.’ That makes me feel like I want to do better, I want to progress. I’m so lucky and happy to train with them.
“The objective is collective, we’re a team. The team’s objective is my objective. I play for the team. Whatever we want to achieve, I’ll achieve with them.”
Keita also revealed that Mohamed Salah trains “very hard” as the Egyptian begins to click through the gears after scoring in his last three games in a row.
“He trains very, very hard,” Keita said of Salah. “Every time I go to the gym, he is there. What is happening at the moment is not just luck, it’s all earned. It’s because he has been training so hard.”
Klopp will hope to have Keita back as soon as possible so he can continue to assimilate into the Liverpool squad, as fellow new signing Fabinho is now doing.
The post Naby Keita believes Jurgen Klopp is “really special” to work with appeared first on AnfieldHQ.
Source: anfieldhq.com
Post a Comment