Header Ads

Sadio Mane did not want his act of kindness publicised

Sadio Mane has revealed that he didn’t want footage of him cleaning toilets in a mosque to be made public.

The Senegalese offered to help a fellow worshipper just a few hours after Liverpool beat Leicester in September and was initially unaware he was being filmed. Upon realising, he asked the owner of the footage to not upload it to the internet.

Mane, who is a devout Muslim, regularly attends the Al-Rahma mosque in Liverpool, and his act of kindness went viral very quickly.

READ: Mohamed Salah is “there” again, according to Jurgen Klopp

WATFORD, ENGLAND – NOVEMBER 24: Kiko Femenia of Watford is challenged by Sadio Mane of Liverpool during the Premier League match between Watford FC and Liverpool FC at Vicarage Road on November 24, 2018 in Watford, United Kingdom. (Photo by Alex Broadway/Getty Images)

READ: Jurgen Klopp wants to see more from Andy Robertson

“I am a Muslim, I pray five times a day and, as soon as I can, I do it at the mosque,” said Mane, as quoted in the Evening Standard.

“Once I went there, and when there I found a very good friend, a Ghanaian.

“I invited him to drink some tea at home after the prayer and he said, ‘No, I have to work, I have to wash the mosque’s toilets.’

“I told him we were going to do it together. At that moment, somebody filmed us and I asked him not put it online.

“He swore he wouldn’t do it and the next day it was on the internet. Anyway, it doesn’t really matter.”

Despite being one of the Premier League’s most dangerous forwards, Mane is known for being naturally shy and kind towards others.

The post Sadio Mane did not want his act of kindness publicised appeared first on AnfieldHQ.



Source: anfieldhq.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.