Header Ads

Lyon winger describes Liverpool link as “flattering”

Maxwel Cornet of Lyon has reportedly described stories linking him with a move to Liverpool as “flattering”.

The 22-year-old Ligue 1 winger was speaking to beIN Sports France about his future and was asked about his chances of playing in a Reds shirt next season.

Liverpool have already been linked with moves for Lyon’s Memphis Depay, Tanguy Ndombele and Houssem Aouar this summer.

READ: Pochettino believes emotional factor will decide Champions League final

READ: Napoli join race to sign £15million Liverpool defender

“I did not say I wanted to leave,” Cornet said, when asked about his future at the club. “We met the president [Jean-Michel Aulas] in January, and I said I wanted to extend [my contract], but talks were not successful.

“Liverpool are a big club, any links are flattering. I’m under contract until 2021, but you never know in football so we’ll see.”

Cornet has scored seven goals and notched five assists for Lyon this season.

The post Lyon winger describes Liverpool link as “flattering” appeared first on AnfieldHQ.



Source: anfieldhq.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.