Header Ads

Mohamed Salah Looks to Exorcise Some Demons

He’s ready to atone for last season’s Champions League defeat.

Very few people in Liverpool world were having a worse day than Mohamed Salah in Kiev this time last year when he went off injured in the first half of the Champions League final. His dreams of European glory were gone, along with his chances of playing with Egypt in the opening matches of the World Cup.

But through a combination of grit and luck, Liverpool find themselves once again in the Champions League final, and Salah is well aware that this is his chance to banish some of last season’s demons.

“I am so happy that I have the chance to play another final,” Salah said.

“I hope I can play the full game this time, I am very excited for that. I hope we can right what happened last season, get a good result, and win the competition. We are very excited. Of course this is our second final in a row. We lost the first, but everything feels better this time around and we have more experience than the last time.

“We had a good preparation period in Spain. Now we are back in Liverpool and we are feeling very motivated as players and coaching staff. I hope we can win it this time.”

This intolerable wait for the final is nearly over. Liverpool and Spurs are set to meet at the Estadio Metropolitano this Saturday to decide who is the best team in Europe. When asked if he has dreamed of scoring in the game, Salah replied, “Not just a dream! I hope it becomes a reality and I score in the final and then go on to win the Africa Cup of Nations too.”



Source: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.