Header Ads

A 10 Year Old Jordan Henderson Used To Kiss Replica Trophies

It’s safe to say that this is a dream come true for our skipper.

Are you ready for more feel good moments including our Champions League winning captain Jordan Henderson? SURE YOU ARE BECAUSE I SURE AM.

Just in case you needed reminding, Jordan Henderson became the fifth captain in Liverpool history to lift the coveted European Cup to prove that Liverpool are the best team in Europe after a very long and trying campaign and a very very long journey with many unfortunate disappointments.

How did the captain feel about that win? Well, let’s ask him.

“Yes, not bad,” Henderson said following the historic match on Saturday. “It was an amazing feeling, when the final whistle went it was an amazing feeling to know we have done it. And then to lift the trophy was a special feeling, one that we will never forget.

“My dream as a kid was to win trophies. My best friend sent us a picture this morning of me kissing a trophy when I was about 10 so that gave me even more motivation. It’s obviously emotional. We have come a long way as a team and we have had so many knock-backs. To finally get over the line, it’s so special.

“We have come back from so many disappointments and finally won a big trophy. Hopefully we can use this to win more in the future.

“It gives us confidence to know we can win the Champions League and together we can move forward and hopefully win more trophies as well.”

Hendo, of course, went to celebrate in the best way after receiving his winner’s medal - with his father - and he spoke about what this means not only to him but to his family, who have been supportive through his years and disappointments with the club. His father also got the chance to share with Optus Sport that his son had already planned on playing in the Champions League final also at the age of 10.

“My dad has been through a lot out over the past few years, not only with himself but with his family,” Henderson continued.

“I am sure he will be so proud to see us win the game and win the Champions League. It will mean the world to him. I am just glad I can put a smile on his face.”

A supportive dad isn’t the only help Henderson has received, as all of us supporters have helped push the team on through their various campaigns through the seasons, good and bad. Their support in Madrid, in particular, was in a word legendary and truly inspirational for Henderson and the rest of the team.

“We got sent those videos!” Henderson said of the fans partying in Madrid ahead of the match.

“The fans have been incredible ever since I have come to the club, but this past couple of years they have travelled everywhere with us in Europe,” Henderson said.

“It costs them a lot of money and tonight makes it all worth it. I am so proud of this team.

“I am also happy we can give something, they give everything, and so have we, and thankfully we did it. I am so happy we can take the trophy back for them.”

In addition to all the complementary training and conditioning Liverpool went through in preparation for this final, it was important to Henderson to make sure that the team was prepared emotionally, and mentally. He held a small speech for the rest of the squad to check in, and of course remind them of the journey that had brought them to this point.

“I think we would have regretted it if we didn’t have it with the experiences we’d had,” added the captain.

“I thought it was important to speak as a group before a final, it was an important conversation as a group. A few of us said a few things and hopefully it helped.

“It was about what we could experience in the game and how we could deal with those different situations and obviously use the experiences we have had.”

This is just the beginning for this talented squad, though, and for our captain. There’s plenty of time left for most everyone on our squad to make up for all the lost finals of the past couple years, and Hendo intends on leading that charge.

“There is still a long way to go. I am 28, I want to achieve a lot,” he said of the years ahead.

”I want to keep improving as a player, I want the team to keep improving, I want to win more, that is all my focus is on now.

”We hope this can give us a lot of confidence. The big trophies, the big nights. I want to enjoy this moment but also when we come back in pre-season we will be focused on looking to the future.”

Our captain loves Liverpool and WE LOVE HIM.



Source: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.