Cafu gives verdict on Trent Alexander-Arnold
Brazilian legend Cafu has stated that Liverpool right-back Trent Alexander-Arnold reminds him of himself back when he was playing football.
Alexander-Arnold has been a key cog in Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool over the years. The right-back has arguably turned himself into one of the best in the world, and he is still only 21 years old.
The Scouser has scored two goals and assisted ten in 26 Premier League appearances this season, which highlights his ability from an attacking point of view.
Cafu has stated that Alexander-Arnold is one of the best right-backs in the world. Cafu also believes that there are similarities between Alexander-Arnold and himself.
Speaking to the Daily Mirror, as quoted by Sports Mole, Cafu said: “I think Alexander-Arnold is one of the best in the world, no doubt about it.
“He’s a great player – and I would say he has the same characteristics as I did.
READ: Carragher gives verdict on where Alisson sits in world rankings
NORWICH, ENGLAND – FEBRUARY 15: Trent Alexander-Arnold of Liverpool during the Premier League match between Norwich City and Liverpool FC at Carrow Road on February 15, 2020 in Norwich, United Kingdom. (Photo by Catherine Ivill/Getty Images)
READ: Liverpool have reportedly tabled an offer for Kylian Mbappe
“He has got big potential. He is strong and skillful, he really takes the game forward and he’s a player who sets up goals for Liverpool.
“So, yes, I can see lots of similarities between him and me when I was playing. I would say he’s got a Brazilian instinct in the way he plays.”
This is huge praise from a legend of the game. Despite the rise of Alexander-Arnold over the past couple of years, he has managed to stay humble, which is a great sign.
There is no denying that he is a superb footballer, but he is also a terrific role model. When Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson departs the club in the future, Alexander-Arnold could very well be his successor.
The post Cafu gives verdict on Trent Alexander-Arnold appeared first on Anfield Watch.
Source: anfieldhq.com
Post a Comment