Header Ads

Niamh Fahey Signs New Contract

Niamh Fahey captain of Liverpool Women during the Women’s training session at AXA Melwood Training Centre on August 23, 2024 in Liverpool, England.
Niamh Fahey captain of Liverpool Women during the Women’s training session at AXA Melwood Training Centre on August 23, 2024 in Liverpool, England. | Photo by John Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images

The captain stays!

After some unexpected departures, Reds fans can be delighted that captain Niamh Fahey has signed a new contract that keeps her on Merseyside for the time being.

Fahey is herself pleased to remain, telling Liverpoolfc.com how settled she feels at the club:

“It’s fantastic. I’m absolutely delighted to have another season in red. I really enjoy my time here with the club and after a brilliant last season I’m looking forward to pushing on with the rest of the club.”

“It’s special for me to have the Liver bird on my chest. It’s still very much surreal because I absolutely love this club. Getting to play in this shirt is something I don’t take for granted, so I’m absolutely delighted to have another year in red.”

The defender is working towards her UEFA B Coaching license at present while she continues thinking about her long-term future:

“I’m preparing for a little bit of life after football… It’s an exciting time for me as well because I’m at that transition period.

“The offer to do some coaching, Beardy [Matt Beard] spoke with me and I’m so grateful for this opportunity to learn off everyone and get my ideas as well how things work off the pitch.”



Source: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.