Header Ads

Peter Crouch criticises Liverpool defender after Merseyside derby

Trent Alexander-Arnold.

Former Reds striker Peter Crouch has questioned the performance of Liverpool right-back Trent Alexander-Arnold in the Merseyside derby.

The Reds defeated Everton 5-2 at Anfield to secure an eight-point lead at the top of the Premier League table.

Alexander-Arnold did claim an assist on the night, however, according to Crouch, he was lucky to still be on the pitch after a couple of “naughty” moments.

“There was a couple of incidents, definitely,” Crouch said, as quoted by The Express.

READ: Liverpool confirm strong squad for FIFA Club World Cup 

MARIBOR, SLOVENIA – Tuesday, October 17, 2017: Liverpool’s Trent Alexander-Arnold celebrates scoring the seventh goal during the UEFA Champions League Group E match between NK Maribor and Liverpool at the Stadion Ljudski vrt. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

READ: Former Man United defender: “I don’t think there is a better player in the Premier League”

“A few tackles, there was a handball as well. I mean this one [landing on Richarlison] here is a possible stamp.

“I think he was lucky and this one again here [yellow card for tackle on Lucas Digne], this tackle is naughty.

“That was naughty. I mean that’s a yellow but on another day that can be a red.

“He was lucky to stay on the pitch [after video of handball shown], he was lucky to stay on the pitch. He knows what he’s done there.”

The post Peter Crouch criticises Liverpool defender after Merseyside derby appeared first on Anfield Watch.



Source: anfieldhq.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.