Header Ads

Leanne Kiernan Signs New Liverpool Contract

Liverpool Women v Manchester City Women - Pre-Season Friendly
Photo by Nick Taylor/Liverpool FC/Liverpool FC via Getty Images

The striker has been a big part of Matt Beard’s team since 2021.

The club announced on Monday that Leanne Kiernan became the third existing Liverpool player to sign a new contract with the Reds. Kiernan has been a driving force behind Matt Beard’s Liverpool side since arriving at the club from West Ham in 2021.

Kiernan helped Liverpool reach promotion back into the first tier. Last season was a huge blow to her when an early ACL injury kept her out for most of the season. The 25-year-old came back last season and scored five goals in 14 WSL appearances.

Liverpool overperformed last season, managing to make it to fourth place in only their second season back in the WSL. In this coming season, they’ll look to push into the Champions League positions, and Kiernan’s killer instinct in front of the goal will help them do it.

In response to this news, Kiernan said, “It’s amazing, for sure. Liverpool is home for me, I’m just really enjoying myself here.

“I love the club, I love the fans, I love the people. We are very similar, the Irish and the Scousers, and I really feel at home here.

“It is massive for my family as well. Obviously they come over quite often, which is really nice, and it is the closest city to Dublin. They really enjoy coming over and when I told them I was getting a new contract they were ecstatic.”

Kiernan last signed a new contract in 2022 when they were promoted. The club has not released information about the details of this new extension and how long it will keep her at the club.



Source: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.