Header Ads

Alberto Moreno: I dislike the way Klopp has treated me

alberto moreno

Alberto Moreno believes that he has been treated unfairly by manager Jurgen Klopp since returning from injury.

The Spaniard was first-choice left-back at the beginning of last season before injury curtailed his progress. Andy Robertson stepped into his place, meanwhile, and has been immovable ever since.

And Moreno thinks he should have been granted more opportunities this season to prove his worth.

READ: Mohamed Salah free to face Arsenal and Man City

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND – Saturday, November 25, 2017: Liverpool’s Alberto Moreno (rear) tackles Chelsea’s Eden Hazard during the FA Premier League match between Liverpool and Chelsea at Anfield. (Pic by Lindsey Parnaby/Propaganda)

READ: Alexander-Arnold: Anfield is a fortress again this season

“I didn’t feel [the decision to stick with Robertson] well, I was injured giving my best for our team,” Moreno said, as quoted by Goal.

“I disliked Klopp’s decision because I was training but when I returned he only wanted Robertson.

“My relationship with Klopp hasn’t changed but since this injury, I didn’t have a meeting with him but our relationship is normal.

“I disliked the way that Klopp has treated me but I understand his situation that he can’t change [Robertson] because the team is winning.

“The dressing room is very close, we are a family.”

Moreno is free to leave Liverpool in the summer when his contract expires, though he revealed that a proposed contract extension from the Reds is still on the table.

“Liverpool has proposed renewing me but no agreement has been reached, in January the market opens and we will see,” said Moreno. “To this day we have nothing closed neither with Liverpool nor with other clubs.”

The post Alberto Moreno: I dislike the way Klopp has treated me appeared first on AnfieldHQ.



Source: anfieldhq.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.