Header Ads

Jordan Henderson: Without the Manager, This Is Impossible

Emotional words from the captain.

Well. Liverpool won the Champions League last night. Don’t know if you heard.

Jordan Henderson lifted the trophy for the sixth time in the club’s history, and it’s fair to say this stirred up some feelings in him, praising JĂĽrgen Klopp extensively.

“Without the manager, this is impossible”, Henderson told BT Sport straight after the game. “You go through tough times in seasons, but what he’s done since he’s come into this football club is unbelievable.

“Not only the players that he’s brought in, that make the squad stronger, [but] the players that were already here, he’s made better. There]s such a togetherness in the group, and he’s created a special dressing room.”

Speaking about the club more generally, Henderson added that he’s “so proud to be part of this football club. I’ve been here a long time now, but to captain [Liverpool] is even more special for me. Football means everything to me, since I was a kid. I’ve just tried to give my best every time I’ve played football and help my team no matter what. I’ve played through tough times over my career, and it’s been difficult, but I kept going, just like this team’s kept going.

“And you have moments like this, this is what you do it for. This is the best moment in my life, apart from my children. This is what I’ve dreamt of since I was a kid. Thank you to everyone, especially my mum and dad, my family, my kids at home. But it’s not about me captaining, lifting the trophy.

“It’s about this football club. It’s about these players. It’s about this manager. And now we need to keep going and kick on.”

You could see it in his eyes that this moved him. It’s been a long journey for Liverpool and Henderson. He’s overcome a lot of critics in his time. Now he deserves his moment in the limelight.



Source: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.