Header Ads

Harvey Elliott Excited to Bag First Reds’ Goal

Liverpool v Blackpool - Pre-Season Friendly Photo by John Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images

The youngster contributed to Liverpool’s goal fest against Blackpool.

Pre-season or not, it’s always fun to watch a goal fest. That’s what happened on Saturday during Liverpool’s final pre-season. The best part of these kinds of games is seeing unusual players score.

When Liverpool scored their seven goals, lucky number four was bagged by youngster Harvey Elliott. The 17-year-old took advantage of his opportunity, and afterward talked about how happy he was to hit that milestone.

“It was great, to be honest, to score for my boyhood club,” Elliott told the official site after the friendly. “It has been a dream ever since I was a little boy.

“Like I said, it’s a dream come true. But I just need to keep going and keep putting in the performances, as we did in the second half. Hopefully many more opportunities will come.”

Elliott has clearly earned Klopp’s respect, and it will be unsurprising to see him featuring in the domestic cups this season.

“I see my main goal is to get in the team, get a few appearances here and there,” he said. “As you can see, it’s a very hard team to get into, there’s a lot of world-class players here.

“But even just the experiences around, training with these guys every day and being around the coaching staff every day, it’s just a dream come true. So, any opportunity I get, I’m very grateful for. Hopefully I can prove to the gaffer that I can live up to the standards.”



Source: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.