Header Ads

Liverpool’s Andy Robertson Says “Surgery Was a Success”

Scotland v Norway
Photo by Alan Harvey/SNS Group via Getty Images

Robertson suffered a shoulder injury during the October international break and is likely to be out until the new year.

Having suffered a dislocated shoulder while with Scotland during the October international break that is expected to keep him out until the new year, Liverpool’s Andy Robertson has since undergone surgery, with the left back sharing this week that it went well.

“Surgery was a success which is the main thing, no complications from it or anything like that,” Robertson said while watching Scotland, already assured of their place in the 2024 tournament, play to a 3-3 draw with Norway in their final Euro qualifying match.

“Slowly but surely but so far so good. It’s been three weeks since my surgery so everything is progressing, I have just got to take it bit by bit and week by week. Everything has went well up to this point and hopefully before we know it I’ll be back on the grass.”

Though the player wouldn’t be drawn into commenting on it, an optimistic timeline for a dislocated shoulder could see Robertson return to training with teammates after about three months, which could put the left back in line for a mid-January return.

“I don’t want to put a game in mind and then I don’t make it or I come back before then,” he added. “I’m just taking it slowly but surely and then there will be a time to start pushing it and when that comes I’ll try and get on the pitch as quickly as I can.”



Source: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.