Header Ads

Klopp Talks Nunez Guardiola Spat

Manchester City v Liverpool FC - Premier League
Photo by Simon Stacpoole/Offside/Offside via Getty Images

There was an exchange between Liverpool’s #9 and the Manchester City manager

Darwin Nunez caught everyone’s attention with an exchange he had with Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola after the 1-1 draw today. Nunez and Pep went to shake hands, and it appeared the Uruguayan had some choice words for the City boss. The two needed to be separated by Jurgen Klopp. The Liverpool manager would open up about what happened after the game.

“It has nothing to do with the fierce rivalry,” said Klopp. “I don’t know what you are trying to make of that. It’s not a fierce rivalry, we are just rivals. What is a fierce rival? Where do you see that, on the pitch in challenges?

“This situation after the game has nothing to do with a historical fierce rivalry. I don’t think Darwin Nunez knows anything about that!

“Emotions. I am not sure I am the one who should explain it as I wasn’t the one involved – surprisingly! - I was absolutely not involved. I love them both so I tried to calm the situation down a bit without knowing 100% what had happened because I didn’t understand a word.

“I really think it’s nothing that isn’t already sorted. It’s emotions. Pep wants to win and we want to win. Both didn’t win, so obviously nobody is really happy and on the day these things can happen.”

If you were hoping for the Liverpool manager to spill some juicy gossip about one of his players, you’ve come to the wrong place. When it happened, Nunez was pointing down towards the corner where Liverpool celebrated their goal. Perhaps a City fan said something to him. Maybe we’ll never know.



Source: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.