Header Ads

Frederico Chiesa “Enjoyed Every Bit” Of Anfield Debut

Liverpool FC v AFC Bournemouth - Premier League
Photo by Alex Livesey/Getty Images

The Italian attacker got his first action at home for Liverpool in a 3-0 thrashing of Bournemouth

Liverpool’s newest signing, Frederico Chiesa, has quickly endeared himself to supporters with his unfettered excitement during his first interviews and interactions at the club. He has proven to be a just as much a bundle of energy and excitement on the pitch as off during his first cameos for the Reds.

After making his debut for Liverpool away to AC Milan in Champions League play, Chiesa stepped onto the pitch at Anfield for the first time with the Reds comfortably up 3-0 over Bournemouth on Saturday. After the match, the Italian attacker stated that he enjoyed the full experience, from being serenaded with You’ll Never Walk Alone to getting his first game action in front of the home supporters.

“Hearing You’ll Never Walk Alone for the first time from the bench, it was amazing. It was amazing also against Nottingham Forest, but unfortunately we lost, but today was really amazing. I enjoyed every bit of it.”

“I think I played seven minutes in Milan, I played not too much, but I was very, very happy to make my debut in Milan and today I just had to be ready and when the coach told me to get in the game I was so happy and so relieved because I wanted to play here at Anfield.”

Chiesa almost had a dream start, volleying a shot on goal with his first touch. He also did his best Darwin Núñez impression, perfectly controlling a ball before and a low shot off the woodwork before being flagged for being just a hair offside.

“Yeah, first ball! I saw the ball bounce and thought, ‘Why not?’ I was a bit unlucky. Then I hit the post but I was offside. I just came in and I wanted to help the team, run for the team and that is what I am here to do.”

With an EFL cup match against West Ham in midweek, Chiesa is relishing the opportunity to play more minutes. When asked, he said he has been working hard to be ready when called upon.

“Yes, I am. I am training for that, I’m training harder, faster, I’m training to be ready to play, but this depends on the coach and when he wants me to play and put me in, I just have to be ready and play.”



Source: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.