Header Ads

Sadio Mane still can’t believe he plays for “sexy club” Liverpool

Sadio Mane has described Liverpool as “the sexy club” ahead of the Reds’ Champions League final against Tottenham tomorrow night.

In an interview with the Mirror, the Senegal international spoke with Robbie Fowler about his time so far at Anfield.

Fowler asked Mane about interest from Real Madrid and admitted he would prefer to see him remain at Liverpool and win trophies for “a long, long time”, to which Liverpool’s No.10 responded: “I hope as well. There’s no place like it.”

READ: Danny Murphy thinks Liverpool should sign Leicester star

READ: Tom Werner on why Coutinho “probably regrets” Liverpool exit

On the Barcelona semi-final win at Anfield, Mane commented: “Yes, incredible. So incredible. I think after these kind of things, you won’t go anywhere else, because we are the best club and the best fans, so I think this is something incredible…”

He later went on to add: “This is what makes Liverpool so special, because since I came here it is like, wow.

“The first time the boss called me, I said: ‘Oh!’ Because before, I have one brother in Senegal, he was saying even when I was still at Salzburg, ‘I want to see you at Liverpool’.

“I still remember, he was always saying: “You don’t know about Liverpool, it is a sexy club!’ He was telling me all the time, ‘in Europe, it is the only club, the sexy club…’

“He used to tell me that, and now, he’s telling me, ‘I told you, I told you’. And I never believed that I could play for Liverpool, and even now, I can’t believe it.”

The post Sadio Mane still can’t believe he plays for “sexy club” Liverpool appeared first on AnfieldHQ.



Source: anfieldhq.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.