Header Ads

Brewster Opens Up About Move To Sheffield United

Liverpool Training Session Photo by John Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images

“I am ready to come in and show everyone what I’ve got.”

Rhian Brewster completed his transfer to Sheffield United from Liverpool on Friday. You probably knew that. Sheffield United’s record transfer fee. Sell on and buyback clauses inserted into the purchase. It’s a good bit of business for both clubs and the player.

“It feels good to be here and I just can’t wait to get started to be honest.” Brewster told the Blades’ website on Friday. You get the sense that Rhian just wanted to go somewhere and play regular football.

“There were a few teams who came in but right now Sheffield United is the best option for me. Looking at the club, it is on the rise, finishing ninth last year and hopefully it can be better this season. Maybe I can add some goals, I’ll work hard and try and help the team to a higher place this year.”

Brewster and the Blades are a club and a player in similar spots in life.

“It was good for me (last season at Swansea). I felt I needed game time, and I scored 11 goals in 22 which was great for me. I am not going to dwell on that though, this is a new season, and I want to come in here and show what I can do, and score goals for Sheffield United.”

“I am ready to come in and show everyone what I’ve got. It is a team that creates a lot of chances, the three at the back, overlapping, they get crosses into the box and that’s my game - being in the box, finding space and one and two touch finishes.

“That’s what I am going to try and do, and try and score goals for Sheffield United.”

This move works out for all three parties really well. Hope nothing but the best for Rhian and the Blades.



Source: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.