Header Ads

Harvey Elliott: “I Want to Play More Games This Season”

Liverpool Training In Pittsburgh
Photo by Nikki Dyer - LFC/Liverpool FC via Getty Images

The midfielder just completed five years at Liverpool.

Harvey Elliott joined Liverpool from Fulham in 2019, and completes five years as a Red this year.

“It’s been five unbelievable years and hopefully many more to come. I just need to stay working hard and keep getting my head down and playing for this team and playing for the badge. I’ve loved every minute of it”, he said, about his time so far at the club.

The squad will be playing for the first time under the guidance of a new manager, Arne Slot, and players will be determined to carve out their roles in the lineup.

“I want to play more games this season, I want to start more [and] kind of cement my spot in the team. I’ll do what it takes”, said Elliott, echoing that sentiment.

“I feel like I’m at the age now where I need to take a lot of responsibility on. It’s upon myself now to go out and do it. This season is going to be a big one for me. I just need to keep working hard and keep taking on the responsibility myself and just apply it into everything that I do.”

With young Academy players making their way up the ranks, Elliott hopes to provide some guidance as well.

“Some of the young lads are really young – I was a bit scared to speak to people and ask questions – but I feel like if I can be around them, if I can help them a little bit or just even let them know that I’m there if they need anything”, he said.

“I wouldn’t say it’s really my job but I’m just doing that because I’ve had that as well and it helped me out a lot to get where I am today”.



Source: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.