Header Ads

Virgil van Dijk cherishes his bond with Liverpool supporters

virgil van dijk

Virgil van Dijk says he cherishes the bond he shares with the Anfield faithful as the Liverpool supporters’ ceaseless backing has helped propel the Reds to the top of the Premier League table.

The Dutchman has comfortably established himself as one of the most important players at the club since signing for £75million in January.

With the Reds perched at the top of the table, van Dijk is one of the key reasons why Jurgen Klopp’s side doesn’t look like crumbling the way Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool did in 2014.

READ: Moreno speaks out on relationship with Jurgen Klopp

Virgil van Dijk
READ: Salah will not be banned for ‘dive’ against Newcastle

Van Dijk said: “I definitely feel the bond we have with the supporters. It’s about being normal. We’re not better than anyone else. We are all human beings and the manager is also putting that out as well.

“He has been loved by everyone and I think it is because he has been himself. As a player, he will give you his honest opinion and be straight with you. It’s who he is.

“I’m obviously aware of the song the fans have created for me. It’s brilliant. Like everyone else, I first saw it on Twitter. Now I’ve heard it in the last few games.

“It means a lot to me and to have such a great song already is fantastic. It’s recognition of how things have been going and I am very proud to have a song. I can’t tell you how great it is to hear my name being sung in the stadium.

“I have a good relationship with the fans and I see their comments on social media from time to time. For a club like Liverpool, you need to give your blood, sweat and tears on the pitch and if you do that then I think you will be adored because you’ve done everything possible to win the game.

“It feels like it is an exciting time at Liverpool. Since I have been here, I have had some fantastic moments with this team.

“With the help of all my team-mates, the staff and the fans, I believe it can only get better and hopefully we are going to achieve amazing things with the group for all the fans supporting us throughout the world.”

The post Virgil van Dijk cherishes his bond with Liverpool supporters appeared first on AnfieldHQ.



Source: anfieldhq.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.