Header Ads

Tyler Morton “Loves” Liverpool Under Slot

Liverpool’s English midfielder #80 Tyler Morton (L) vies for the ball with Arsenal’s Belgian midfielder #19 Leandro Trossard (R) during the pre-season club friendly football match between Arsenal FC and Liverpool FC at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on July 31, 2024. (Photo by Charly TRIBALLEAU / AFP
Liverpool’s English midfielder #80 Tyler Morton (L) vies for the ball with Arsenal’s Belgian midfielder #19 Leandro Trossard (R) during the pre-season club friendly football match between Arsenal FC and Liverpool FC at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on July 31, 2024. (Photo by Charly TRIBALLEAU / AFP | Photo by CHARLY TRIBALLEAU/AFP via Getty Images

The young Liverpool player featured well against Arsenal on Wednesday

Tyler Morton spoke to the press following Wednesday’s pre-season match and was effusive in his praise of the new Liverpool head coach’s impact on the players:

“It was brilliant to watch, I think the team did very well. The style the gaffer [Arne Slot] is implementing is working and I think it worked today.

“You can see it’s starting to click already and that’s a big compliment to the management team.

“I think the players out there today were brilliant, a lot of standout players. I think it’s going to improve quickly and I think it was a very good step in a good direction.

“He loves Total Football. He’s come in and it’s a style a lot of players love. If you don’t love the style he plays, you shouldn’t be a footballer really!

“It’s Total Football and it’s every midfielder’s dream. You could see it today in the triangles that were played; he’s big on triangles and they were [working] today. I thought it was brilliant, I thought we dominated and against a very good Arsenal side it was a great display.”

Morton has been active in Liverpool’s pre-season in the US following last year’s loan to Hull City. While much has been taken from Morton and other players’ praise of Slot, the young player has also mentioned something perhaps more important for his personal development:

“I love learning new styles. I loved going out on loan and learning different styles from different managers and picking up little things that I can take into my career.

“I’m definitely picking up things here. It’s a very tough pre-season, very intense, you’ve got to work hard for everything. I think that’s what we’re doing, that’s what I’m doing especially.

“I’ve definitely picked up stuff I can take on into the season.“

“I’m definitely [physically] ready, I think we’ve been ready for a few weeks now because we came in so early.”

“And I’m grateful for it because we’re all ready and we all look very fit. Everyone is working so hard in training; you’ve got to because the demands are so high, especially at this club.

“I’ve come back and I feel in the best shape I’ve been in, especially physically. I’ve just got to keep working hard, keep going and hopefully it’ll take me into a good place.”



Source: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.