Header Ads

Gomez: We owe a lot to Jurgen Klopp

Joe Gomez says the entire Liverpool squad “owe a lot” to Jurgen Klopp after the Reds secured a sixth Champions League trophy on Saturday.

Gomez started the game on the bench as his side held out against a Tottenham onslaught in Madrid to win the match and bring club football’s top prize back to Anfield.

The defender, however, was quick to direct praise towards Klopp, who finally won his first European cup as a manager.

READ: Mourinho calls Liverpool star “a king” after Champions League triumph

 

READ: Robertson on Alisson: “He’s the man, isn’t he?”

“It’s only right. All of us have so much gratitude to have a manager like him,” Gomez said.

“For me personally he has done so much for me and all the lads think the same.

“He is an unbelievable manager and someone we owe a lot to.

“I think it is just his energy. Not just the tactical side of things but him as a person, that’s why there is such a connection.

“That is why we want to play for him, why we want to celebrate with him when we win because he is one of the reasons we do it.

“It is special. He brings so much value to us and he shows us what it means to play for this club.

“I am quite young but I know I am blessed to have a manager like him. I don’t think there are many out there who do what he does. We are lucky.”

Gomez also took time to praise his skipper, Jordan Henderson.

“Unbelievable. I don’t think there are many better captains than him. I think as a person he is one of the best there is and he deserves so much,” he said.

“He’s had tough times but for me, ever since I came to the club, I’ve had a real connection with him.

“No-one deserves it more than him and I am so happy he was the one to lift it (the Champions League trophy) for the sixth time for this club.”

He added: “I’ve had some tough times and it’s a battle to come back from it but I’ve never doubted myself and I never will.

“It is not easy to come back from injuries but it is part of the game and happens for a reason.

“It is a blessing to play for this club and I just have to go again.

“I am more motivated than ever and getting a taste of this is something which will drive me on next season.”

Gomez concluded: “We have a foundation which will stay and only get stronger so all our belief in what we can do is at an all-time high.

“We are here together to stay – that is the main thing. That’s what we all know – and I think the boundaries are limitless.

“Who knows, we just have to keep grounded, stay focused and keep doing what we are doing and hopefully we can get some more.”

The post Gomez: We owe a lot to Jurgen Klopp appeared first on AnfieldHQ.



Source: anfieldhq.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.