Header Ads

Trent Alexander-Arnold Spreads the Love After Winning Individual Prize

Artwork of Jordan Henderson in Liverpool Photo by Clive Brunskill/Getty Images

The Scouser won the PFA Young Player of the Year award.

Trent Alexander-Arnold had, to put it mildly, a pretty good year, professionally speaking. It comes as no surprise at all that the best right-back in the Premier League, and one of the best in the world, took home the PFA Young Player of the Year award.

Alexander-Arnold is a hometown legend and, at only 21-years-old, still has his best footballing years ahead of him.

“Obviously first off I’ve got to say thanks to my friends and family, everyone who has helped me achieve this and to get to this point so far,” he began to the official site upon receiving his prize.

“Everyone at the Academy for the 10 to 12 years that I was down there, who taught me everything I know really and helped me along the way. I spent the majority of my career and my youth life at the Academy, day in and day out. It’s thanks to those people who moulded me into the person I am today. The staff and the manager and the people who have given me the opportunities to achieve things. Without those opportunities nobody can achieve anything, so I’ve got to give thanks to the staff and especially the manager for that. And obviously my teammates – without them none of this would be possible. The things we’ve achieved as a team are unbelievable.”

Liverpool is stuffed full of players earning individual plaudits for their work on the pitch, but that only serves to underscore what a strong unit the team has become. Klopp has carefully curated a group of players who consistently bring out the best in each other, and the results have been seen both collectively and individually over the last few years.

Alexander-Arnold’s work rate and preternatural ability to get every long distance cross right to the head or feet of his teammates has made him a vital part of Klopp’s set-up. It’s also one of the major contributors to the team’s success.

His career has shot off like a rocket, and it has been a pleasure to watch him develop under Klopp’s tutelage over the years.



Source: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.