Header Ads

Grace Fisk Feels Right At Home At Liverpool

Liverpool Women Training Session
Photo by Andrew Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images

The 25 year old defender joined Liverpool in the summer and feels right at home.

Grace Fisk joined Liverpool last summer after three years with West Ham Women and immediately staked her claim on a defensive spot in the lineup. Since joining she has made 14 appearances in a back three alongside club record appearance holder Gemma Bonner, and will likely make many more as her career goes on.

“I feel like I’ve settled really well and I feel really at home now,” said Fisk speaking to the club recently of her time as part of the Red Women.

“The other girls and the staff have helped make that transition seamless for me and I feel like I’ve been here ages. I’m really enjoying my time in Liverpool and at the club.”

As the 2023-24 season sets to get going again after the winter break, Fisk spoke about her ambitions for the club and the rest of the season - primarily just making sure she gets out there to help the squad keep building on the first half of the season.

“I think the main thing for me is just to continue to play regularly. We’ve got a very competitive squad, a lot of good players in the same position [as me],” Fisk continued.

“Personally, it’s just about making sure I put in good performances and do what I can to help the team. It’s my first year at Liverpool and I want to focus on really cementing my place here and making the first year as good as possible.”

Fisk certainly has her work cut out for her, but certainly isn’t alone. The defender also spoke highly of working alongside Bonner, and other legends she played with at West Ham like Gilly Flaherty and former Liverpool defender Kate Longhurst. At 25, she’s still got loads of time to soak up their experiences and skills.

“It’s really good to learn from someone like her,” Fisk said of Bonner.

“I’ve been lucky in that I’ve played under a lot of experienced players and leaders in the past, like Kate Longhurst and Gilly Flaherty, who have both been at Liverpool too and also played well over 100 WSL games.

“Playing alongside people like that and Gemma throughout pre-season and the first couple of months of the season has been really good.

“She’s also very open to learning as well – she’s not shut off to that despite her experience – so it’s been really good to learn from her and help each other where we can.”

Fisk has made her place at Merseyside, and by all accounts it feels the right decision for everyone. Especially us fans that get to watch her.



Source: liverpooloffside.sbnation.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.